The Complete Guide to Real Money Online Casinos
Are you ready to start playing real-money casino games? Well there are some important factors to consider when choosing where to play. With plenty of rogue casinos out there, selecting a safe and secure casino is vital. But with so many to choose from, how do you separate the good from the bad? Fear not, we’re here to help. We have a wealth of experience with online casinos and we’ll only ever recommend the safest and fairest ones. The most important characteristics of a genuine casino are:
- Valid Gaming Licence – guarantees a safe and secure playing environment
- Secure Payments – encrypted banking transactions protect your personal data
- Fair Odds – a wide selection of certified and transparent games
You will find all these features and then some at 888 Casino, an operator that has won 13 awards in 7 years, most notably among these – ‘Casino of the Year’, an impressive three years in a row!
The Best Real Money Casinos 2019
To save you a lot of time and effort, we’ve hand picked the top 3 real money casinos for UK players. No matter which one you choose, you’re in for a great experience. They all provide fair and transparent games and complete protection of your personal and banking information.
- 1. 888 Casino Play Now! 888 Casino Review £100 Bonus Best Casino Awards London Stock Exchange £88 Free Play
- 2. William Hill Play Now! William Hill Casino Review £300 Bonus Award-winning Software Huge Jackpots £3500 Loyalty Bonus
- 3. Ladbrokes Casino Play Now! Ladbrokes Casino Review £600 Bonus 300 Playtech Games Double Points Promotions Daily Bonus Calendar
888 Casino offers all you could ask for in terms of game selection, user-friendly platform and an all round safe casino experience. The rich collection of action-packed slots and huge jackpots to be won are just the tip of the iceberg. They have won numerous awards for the great services that they offer, and have over 25 million registered users. This all goes to show that they are the best online casino for real-money games. And that’s not all. New players can take advantage of a great no deposit bonus of £88 free-play and £100 on their first deposit.
Trademarks of the Best Online Casinos for Real Money
Finding a good and safe online casino can prove to be a challenge even for the most experienced players, so what is there to say about beginners? We all hear stories about the dangers lurking on internet sites, so in order to avoid something like this happening to you, make sure that the casino you choose has the following characteristics:
1. Player safety guaranteed through gaming licences Undoubtedly the most important criteria for online casinos, licences are awarded only under strict regulation and all operators must comply with the rules of the regulatory bodies that award them. The two largest licensing authorities in Europe are The Remote Gambling Authority of Gibraltar and The Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta.
The largest, most renowned online casinos for real money are licensed and regulated by one of the two bodies, but in order for them to be able to operate in the UK, they must be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
2. Fair odds and transparent games While playing real-money games online, it is imperative first to make sure that the payouts are fair and the results of the games are absolutely random and unpredictable.
But how can you be sure that the games are fair and safe?
Once an online casino is regulated and licensed to operate in the UK, you can be sure that their RNG (Random Numbers Generator) is also licensed and under strict monitoring. This has the purpose to make sure that all result are accurate, random and cannot be tampered with in any way. Also, they guarantee the fairness of the payout rates and the house edge and operators must comply with the legal standards of the regulatory bodies.
3. Safe software with full compatibility Undoubtedly the most important traits of online casinos for real money are the reliability and compatibility of the gaming platform. You just can’t afford to have bugs and crashes while playing for real money, as this could lead not only to a bad gaming experience, but also to losses in profit. And the same thing goes for real money casino apps, given as mobile gaming has become such a big part of our lives nowadays. The largest software providers like Playtech and NetEntertainment offer safe and reliable platforms both for desktop and mobile devices.
4. A large selection of safe banking methods The best online casinos for real money should offer a wide selection of payment methods, through encrypted transactions and free of charge, when possible. However, some fees may apply at times and this may depend on your personal bank or the method that you use to charge your player account. Players usually prefer PayPal as a banking method, as it if safe, fast and free of charge. And even though only the largest online casinos offer this method, this is a sure sign of trust, as PayPal Casinos must comply to the strict requirements of PayPal.
5. A huge collection of games and many jackpots to be won Last, but by no means least, online casinos should offer a wide range of games, starting from 3-reel slots, all the way to arcade games. Also, the most popular games like Blackjack and Roulette should be offered not only in the classic version, but they should also include the most extravagant variations of these games. Jackpot games are also a must, as there is nothing like a huge progressive jackpot to raise the adrenaline level.
Some of the most renowned operators offer over 100 different casino games to choose from. Also, usually the download software offers more casino games than the instant play one. Ladbrokes Casino has recently changed their software provider and along with the new Playtech software, they offer over 300 high-quality games, with huge jackpots to be won.
Which are the most popular real-money casino games in the UK?
Although we all know which are the most popular real-money games, you should know that these preferences vary from one country to another. While scratch cards may be extremely popular in Spain, many UK players wouldn’t give them a second thought. So, in order to find out which are the most played online casino real-money games for UK players, we conducted a survey. Here are the results:
Slots As our survey has shown, UK players are really fond of slot machine games, especially the ones provided by Novomatic and Merkur. The most popular among them are:
- Cleopatra Slot: The popular slot machine with Pyramids and Pharaohs
- Double Triple Chance: Classic 3-reel slot with risk option
- Sizzling Hot: Now also available as Sizzling6, Deluxe or Quattro
- Xtra Hot: 5-reel fruit machine, with rewin feature
Most of these slots, as well as other popular real money casino slots games can be found at LeoVegas.
When it comes to Roulette games, The French and The European Roulette are the most popular among UK players. These games can be found in most real-money online casinos, but also some other interesting variations, such as:
- NewAr Roulette: An authentic roulette experience, given the fact that it strictly adheres to the classic European rules of the game. The graphics are really good and the interface is convenient and user-friendly. You can play NewAr Roulette at William Hill casino right now!
- Live Roulette: The thrill of watching the ball spin and waiting for the winning number is brought to you by live streaming from land-based casinos or special casino studios. Here, you can watch the pretty dealers spin the roulette wheel and the results of the games depend on the human process, instead of the automated results.
Blackjack, much like Roulette, has a Classic version and many extravagant variations. The different games offer sidebets, progressive jackpots and much more. The most popular ones are:
- Blackjack Switch: The special feature of this blackjack variation is that you have the freedom of swapping the last two cards that were dealt to your two hands. Also, the house edge in this game is only 0,13% – the lowest one of all casino games! Play Blackjack Switch at 888 Casino.
- Progressive Blackjack: This is a version of the Classic Blackjack game, with a twist of Jackpot – it can be won all or in smaller amounts, for certain card combinations. The best online casinos for real money offer this game even for the mobile devices due to the popularity among UK players.
Online Casino Real-Money Apps – Android, iPad and iPhone
If you are asking yourself ‘are there any real money casino apps for my iPhone or iPad?’ Then the answer is: ‘you bet there are’! All respected and renowned casinos offer apps for numerous mobile devices and operating systems, to give users the best gaming experience on the go. Some even offer live-dealer apps that can be downloaded from the iTunes Store like this operator.
While for Android and iOS devices casinos usually offer apps in the App Store and on their website, Blackberry and Windows Phone users can enjoy their favourite games on mobile-responsive websites.
Reliable Casino Payouts – Top 5 Serious Online Casino Winnings
When we talk about trustworthy and secure online casinos, we are not only referring to operating licenses and encrypted transactions. Renowned operators will not only provide fast payouts even on the biggest jackpots, but will also proudly flaunt their life-changing winnings. Below I have chosen 5 such lucky winners and their amazing wins at online casinos.
1. Swedish Social Worker Wins 7.3 Million Euro The biggest jackpots in history always come unexpectedly and sometimes to those who need it the most. One of the last big wins was hit by a Swedish single father, who selflessly worked with disabled children. The amazing jackpot of 7.3 million was cracked on the slot machine Hall of Gods, a great creation of the NetEnt software provider. Watching an interview with the winner really made an impression on me – although he hit one of the biggest jackpots ever won, he was incredibly modest and humble.
“ Yesterday was my lucky day! I won 100€ here, 100€ there so I decided to keep playing. When I hit the 7 million euro jackpot, I could hardly believe my eyes! “
Despite the new wealth of the Swedish player, he confessed that he will not quit his job and he will continue working with disabled children. “I love what I do and the feeling of helping someone. Maybe I will work less, but I wouldn’t stop working even if I won a trillion”, said the Swedish player.
Even if that were true, the jackpot win was truly deserved and needed. As a single parent, he had not much left at the end of the month. This win has brought him and his family the financial freedom that he could never dream of as a social worker and now he can finally buy the house of his dreams.
2. Champions League Final In Lisbon – Trip Winners Some of the best online casino sites offer so much more than just jackpots to reward their players and Betfair is one of them. After all, winning a trip to Lisbon for the Champions League Final is not at all a small reward. In the corresponding Betfair promotions, more than 5000 players entered daily. Each bet the users placed meant a raffle ticket and the winners were: Kristian and Marius from Norway, Dominik from Poland and Roger from Sweden.
The winners enjoyed a carefree weekend in Lisbon, as Kim the event manager organised everything, from their stay at the hotel, to sightseeing trips and, of course, the Champions League Final. The winners were ecstatic at the end of the trip: “We had an incredible weekend together and the Champions League final was a one-of-a-kind experience”.
3. Beginner’s Luck! Are You The Next 888 Casino Millionaire?
The Millionaire Genie jackpot had been growing for two months when Norm from UK made his first deposit. And…he shoots and he scores! And what a score… £ 2,399,663. Not at all bad, huh?
“I guess we all chase the dream and winning the biggest ever UK online jackpot has been a dream come true for me and my family as it will change our lives – we have no worries about the future now.” Deep sea fisherman – UK
“The day I won the jackpot is a beautiful memory. I could not believe it at first, then I called to make sure, because I thought it could be an error … but it wasn’t! I stayed there for I don’t know how long, staring at the ceiling. At first I didn’t think much, I only thought that my life was most probably going to change.” A.D. – UK
4. Norwegian Guy Gets Lucky Jackpot … Twice In Six Months!
Talk about luck…One would say you have to be incredibly lucky to hit a jackpot once…so what is there to say about someone who wins the jackpot twice in six months?
John Birger, a 32-year old scaffolder from Trondheim, Norway hit his first 55,000€ jackpot win at the Cowboy Treasure slot machine. Of course, it’s not a million-dollar win, but hey, who would refuse a win?
The second win came only few months later. This time, John was playing with a friend on his smartphone. After the first win, he kept playing and playing the Cowboy Treasure slot and he was really surprised when he hit the jackpot the second time. Only this time, it was a three times bigger jackpot – 164,190€.
In an interview, John shared his plans for the money he had won:
“I’ll pay off some of my debts, take a trip to Spain with my family and enjoy a little bit of freedom!”
5. Finnish Couple Hit Two Jackpots At The Same Game
Just like John from Norway, there was also a Finnish couple that won the jackpot, the same one actually…twice and each won 80,000€ each. The name of the slot seems to do it justice – Super Lucky Frog, because how lucky do you have to be for you and your partner to win the same jackpot…separately? And even more surprising is the fact that they both jump from one game to another and still they managed to hit the same jackpot, within a month.
It all started with free spins on the Super Lucky Frog slot machine. The game seemed so much fun for the two Finnish players, that they contributed to the jackpot with some real money bets and hit the jackpot the same evening.
Päivi: “It was an incredible feeling. We were just laying on the sofa, Marko was playing poker and I was playing the Super Lucky Frog slot, when I suddenly started screaming ‘Supeeerrrr!’. When he looked to see what was happening, he said ‘This can’t be true.”
She confessed that she was afraid to play for real money in the beginning, but once the whole amount was credited to her account, the feelings of relief and joy took over. Only a month later, Marko was playing the same slot while travelling on a ferry and he, too, took the jackpot with the same amount, so another 80,000€ were added to the family budget.
They were both invited by the casino operator to Malta, where they would tell their story. Both were overjoyed and happy to finally have the money to pay their debts, renovate their home and enjoy life.
Safe Online Casino Real-Money Deposit And Withdrawal Methods
One of the priorities of real-money online casinos is to offer their users a wide range of safe methods to manage their funds, even free of charge when possible. Those of you that have used credit or debit cards to buy something over the Internet should have no problems with depositing and withdrawing their funds from online casinos. However, there are other popular banking methods that have proven to be safe and fast, like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller.
UK’s most popular banking method, PayPal offers a quick solution to those who don’t feel comfortable about sharing their credit card details with online casinos. This way, you open a PayPal account and register your credit card there. Then, once you have filled the casino deposit form, you will be redirected to the secure PayPal site to confirm the deposit with your PayPal password. Fast and easy, PayPal will transfer your funds to your player account within seconds.
Much like with PayPal deposits, your Skrill deposit must be confirmed by you on their official, secure site using your Skrill password. Once you have completed this process, your funds will be credit to your real-money casino account.
Deposits using Neteller will be processed the same way like the previous two methods that we have explained. Keep in mind that with e-wallets, the confirmation of the deposit and your password is always required on their official site, through an encrypted connection.
The Complete History of Real-Money Games at Online Casinos
I am sure many of you wondered at some point how this casino games for real money frenzy started. Especially since we can still remember times when we didn’t even have mobile devices, while now you can play anytime, anywhere and even win huge jackpots while waiting for the bus. The following infographic will show you the development of real-money online casinos.
The history of real-money casinos online
The real breakthrough in the online casino industry took place in 1994, when Microgaming released the first online casino real-money software. The first real-money bet was made at InterCasino in 1996. Only two years later, there were over 700 online casino operators that accepted real-money bets.
Best Land-Based Real Money Casinos in the UK
While playing at the best online casinos for real money can be a pretty rewarding experience, some players just seem to get nostalgic about the luxurious land-based casinos and what it feels like to play there. If this is the case, you should at least go to one of the biggest casinos in the UK, with first class cuisine, VIP treatment and special events. Here are the top 3 land-based casinos in the UK.
The Hippodrome Casino – London The Hippodrome Casino in London has been awarded ‘Best Land-Based Casino Of The Year’ 2013 at the Totally Gaming Awards. The same year, on March 2013 the president of the Casino, James Thomas announced the opening of POKERSTARS Live, after closing the deal with largest poker site. Except the usual classic casino games for real money, you can also try games like Double Zero Roulette. A place of style and glamour, right in the heart of London, The Hippodrome Casino offers players a luxurious casino experience, with numerous promotions and extraordinary live events.
One of the most interesting and filled with mystery places is Lola’s Underground Casino. Lola was said to have been a chorus girl at the Hippodrome back in the 1900s. Extremely beautiful and controversial, Lola was said to have been organising gambling and money lending to players. She mysteriously disappeared in September 1914 and no one saw her ever since. Some say she never left The Hippodrome Casino.
Aspers Casino – Westfield Stratford City Aspers Casino is UK’s first super casino and it’s open for business 24/7. With 70 casino tables, over 150 slot machines with huge jackpots and 150 electronic gaming terminals, Aspers gives live gaming a whole new meaning. Of course, the real money gambling doesn’t stop here, as they also offer 8 sports betting terminals in the Tanzibar sports bar and a 300-seat Poker room, where The Unibet Open Poker Tournament takes place.
width=”600″ height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″> width=”465″ height=”468″ frameborder=”0″>
If you would however like to try something different, you can also spin the Superwheel or try to beat the dealer on the Casino War tables. A super casino for super players, Aspers is always open and their restaurant and sports bar leave nothing to be desired.
Les Ambassadeurs Casino – London A well-known destination for gambling ever since the 19th Century, Les Ambassadeurs Casino has seen some of the richest, most illustrious faces in London’s history pass through here. Les Ambassadeurs Casino has turned into one of the most modern, yet old and stylish gambling destinations in Europe, combining the heritage of the past with the real-money casino games of the future.
width=”465″ height=”468″ frameborder=”0″>
Whether your game of choice is Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat or high-stakes Dice, the most exclusive casino in Mayfair is at your disposal 24/7, offering high-quality gambling, entertainment and the largest outdoor gambling areas in all London.
Questions and Answers About Real-money Online Casinos
The topic of real-money casino games covers a lot of aspects and therefore it is hard for us to answer all your questions. However, if you need further information about something or you didn’t find your answers here, please feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, the most interesting and pressing questions will be published here (anonymously, of course) along with the answers.
What are the deposit and withdrawal limits at online casinos?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as each operator sets its own limits. Also, these limits can be set for different periods of time, per day, week, month and so on. Another important factor is the payment method that you choose. Let me give you an example of limits at William Hill Casino and Betsson.
- Credit cards: while at Betsson deposits through Visa or MasterCard are limited to £1000 per transaction, at William Hill deposits of up to £99,000 are allowed
- Skrill: the limit for Skrill deposits at Betsson is higher – £10,000, but here also the better choice is William Hill, which allows a deposit of up to £100,000.
Are there any restrictions to the currencies you can play in?
No. All games are played in the currency that your account was opened in. This way, you don’t have to worry about which currency you play real-money casino games in. However, the only restrictions that may appear are related to your own country’s currency. Like UK players, for example, need to open an account in Pounds, most of the times, so as to be able to benefit from all promotions offered for the their country.
Which are the lowest stakes you can play with?
One of the biggest advantages of playing online casino real-money games is that you have the lowest bet limits possible. While land-based casinos have really high-maintenance expenses and need to keep the wagering limits high, in online casinos you can play Slots, Roulette or Blackjack games for as little as 25p.
What about money laundering prevention?
All licensed real-money online casinos must implement the strict guidelines for the prevention on money laundering. This is meant to prevent users from laundering illegally obtained money through online casinos. This is usually done in three steps:
- Placement: The first step is to inject illegally obtained money into the financial cycle. This is not done all at once, but in smaller tranches. This is why payment methods like Paysafecard have a limit on their deposits, so as to prevent money laundering.
- Layering: The second step involves disguising the true origins of these funds. This is achieved through several back-and-forth transactions. As online casinos could involuntarily be made a part of the cycle, all payouts must be confirmed with proof of ID.
- Integration: Once the origin of the funds has been covered, the funds are once again integrated into the financial cycle.
Not only online casinos are involved in the money laundering prevention, but also all payment suppliers and even Banks. This is why identity checks are needed every time banking transactions occur.
Are the real-money casino odds better online?
The answer to this question is, without a doubt, yes! The odds of winning in land-based casinos are lower than with online operators. However, these odds depend on the game variations that you play and the presence of side bets and other rules. While brick and mortar casinos are bound by law to have an RTP (Return To Player) of minimum 60%, online casino real-money games have an RTP between 90% and 95%.